Wassenaar Arrangement, Latvian’s Export and Import Controls to be Discussed at Defence Exports Conference
SMi Reports: SMi releases seven key reasons to attend the 13th annual Defence Exports conference.
The two-day meeting will provide attendees with the opportunity to network with leading lawyers, consultants, industry professionals, and government officials involved in arms controls and export compliance from all over the world.
7 Reasons to Attend This Year’s Defence Exports Conference:
1. Hear the latest updates from the best-to-date speaker line-up including leading arms exports control experts from: Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UK Ministry of Defence, US Department of State, US Department of Commerce, Defense Technology Security Administration, UK Department for International Trade, Global Affairs Canada, Inspectorate of Strategic Products, Wassenaar Arrangement, French Ministry of Defence, BAFA: Federal Office for Economic Affairs and Export Control, Spanish Secretary of State for Commerce, Rolls Royce, Fokker Technologies, Leonardo, L3 Technologies, Honeywell, Rockwell Automation, DRS Technologies, United Technologies Corporation, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, Belgium Engine Center, Nexter, and many more.
2. Hear crucial updates on: the Wassenaar Arrangement, US, UK, Italian, Canadian, Swedish, Polish, Latvian’s Export and Import Controls, how industry leaders trade, and new innovative transfer technology such as Cloud Computing.
3. Participate in three panel discussions on:
· US export changes, featuring senior US Department of State, US Department of Commerce, and US Department of Defense officials.
· Similarities and differences in European export control systems, featuring government expert panellists.
· Preparing for BREXIT, looking at key trends and best practices to simplify compliance.
4. Partake in 4 unique conference workshops:
· ITAR and EAR practice tips led by Global Legal Services and BAE Systems.
· EAR fundamentals led by US Department of Commerce.
· New technology: exploring automated export control processes and record keeping led by Rolls-Royce.
· Case study on best practise approach to UK MoD exporting, led by the Waterguard ASSC Compliance lead, UK MoD.
5. Benefit from the early bird offer of a £200 discount on the conference price, expiring 29th June. Special rates for military and government representatives and group booking discounts are available. Visit the website to download a complimentary copy of the event agenda and register online, alternatively please contact James Hitchen on +44 (0) 207 827 6054.
6. Confirmed attendees: Join and network with industry experts from: AERO Vodochody AEROSPACE, Amphenol Procom, CAE, Cargolux Airlines International, Fokker Technologies, Kongsberg Gruppen, MBDA, Microtecnica (UTAS), Moog, Paboban Studio Legale, Souriau, Swedish Armed Forces, Thales Netherlands, UK MoD, United Technologies Corporation (UTC), Saab, Pilatus and many more.
7. Meet and network with this year’s industry leading sponsors: Deloitte LLP and Pillsbury. Limited sponsorship opportunities are available, please contact SMi Group to book one of the remaining exhibition stands.
The event brochure is available to download on the website, as well as information on the full speaker line up at: http://www.defence-exports.com/prcom
Bookings made by 29th June will be eligible for a £200 early bird discount, visit the website for more details.
The Defence Exports Conference
19th and 20th September 2018
To sponsor, speak or exhibit at Defence Exports 2018, please contact Sadia Malick at firstname.lastname@example.org
For delegate queries please contact James Hitchen at email@example.com
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk